How do you make your jewelry?
Every piece incorporates 3d-printing in the creation process. Nylon pieces are direct outputs from a 3d printer. They are laser sintered in a series of layers, resulting in a slightly rough texture. Some nylon pieces are sanded down to achieve a smooth texture. Metal pieces begin as a wax 3d-print, which is used to create a mold. The mold is then used to cast metal using a typical lost wax casting method. Our pieces are cast in either sterling silver or brass. Some pieces are then electroplated in 18 karat gold or 14 karat rose gold. All metals are polished by hand. Our porcelain pieces are made similarly to our metal pieces - a wax 3d-print is used to create a mold for the ceramics, which is then glazed.
Why is your jewelry 3d-printed?
3d-printing allows us to minimize the amount of waste generated during the creation process. No more material is used other than what is needed to create each piece. Every item is made to order.
Do you have nickel-free options for your jewelry?
Yes! Any pair of Petal Earrings can be customized with surgical steel earring hooks. Please write us a message in the Comments box at checkout and let us know if you would like surgical steel earring hooks. This customization is completely free of additional charges.
What are your jewelry care instructions?
Here are a few best practices for taking care of your jewelry:
- We recommend storing your jewelry in a dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Limit exposure to water. Do not wear when showering or swimming. 3d-printed nylon is not waterproof. Water can tarnish metals.
- Limit exposure to chemicals. Please remove your jewelry before applying perfumes or lotions. Chemicals can corrode precious metals.
Where do you ship your items?
We ship worldwide! We are based in the United States and all orders default to shipping via USPS. Please contact me if you are interested in placing an order through any other means (FedEx, UPS, etc.). Click here for the Contact Page! Please note that international orders are subject to customs and duties taxes determined by the destination country and would be payable by the customer.
What is your return policy?
I gladly accept returns and exchanges.
- Contact me within: 7 days of delivery
- Ship items back within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations, but please contact me if you have any problems with your order!
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalized orders (Note: all Heliodon orders are custom)
- Items on sale
Conditions of return
- Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Where can I see your customer reviews?
Customer reviews can be seen on our Etsy Shop! If you purchase an item through our Etsy shop, you will able to leave a review there.
I have more questions! How do I contact you?
Just write to me on our Contact Page! I would be happy to hear from you, and I read every email!